Labor Day: a time for people to get together, eat, drink and have fun!
I spent this Labor Day with family from both my mother and fathers side. Since there are no other vegetarians in the family, it was my job to make some food that I could enjoy and others could too! I chose to make something for every course of the party.
- Appetizer: Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- I absolutely love Spinach and Artichoke dip! It is a delicious warm dip that anyone can enjoy. I typically serve mine with pita chips. This was a hit at the party; it was gone before everyone even showed up!
- Main Course: Baked Black Bean and Corn Burgers
- Black Bean Burgers are the perfect substitute for a normal burger. They are packed with a ton of delicious flavors and best of all, meat free! I enjoy making baked over fried or grilled because they tend to stay together better and not crumble.
- Dessert: Too many options!!
- Vegetarians may be limited on their main course choices, but when it comes to desserts, there is typically no issue. I decided to make two desserts because why not! I made some Snickerdoodles and Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Walnut Cookies. Both of these cookies were practically gone before burgers were even served, so I would say they were pretty good.
I hope all of you had a safe and fun Labor Day weekend! The recipe for all the goods I made will be coming out on the blog shortly and hopefully you can test them out at your next big gathering!