Oatmeal Raisin cookies are an acquired taste. A cookie loaded with raisins isn’t everyones cup of tea. If you are a fan though, these cookies are perfect for you!
These Oatmeal Raisin cookies are packed full of oats, raisins and walnuts! The walnuts are just icing on the cake! Or well I guess icing on the cookie, but you get what I mean.
- 1 c (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c granulate sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 c old fashion oats
- 1 c raisins
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts
No, that is not a spelling error you see. 1 tablespoon of vanilla is used. I keep emphasizing it because I don’t want anyone to over look it and accidentally use a teaspoon.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- If you don’t have a stand mixer, use a hand mixer or a lot of arm strength.
- Add in the eggs and mix on high for 1 minutes.
- Add in vanilla and molasses. Mix and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet while running the mixer on low speed. Mis till fully combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the oats, raisins and walnuts.
- Allow the dough to chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Roll the cookies into 1 1/2- 2 tbsp sized balls.
- Bake for 12 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
- Allow the cookies to cook on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
These cookies are TheBomb.com! Seriously though, they’re so tasty. These are another one of the treats I made for my family Labor Day party and no one could keep their paws off them! Oatmeal Raisin cookies are definitely one of my favorites so I’m slightly biased, but they are just such great cookies.
Test Kitchen: Opinion and Changes
This recipe is from the one and only Sally’s Baking Addiction. Can you tell I really like her recipes?
I hope you all enjoy these tasty recipe. The holiday season is creeping up on us and these would be a perfect dessert to bring to any family gathering.
Let us know what you think of our latests recipes and if theres anything you’d like us to try leave it in the comments below!