When you don’t eat meat, you have to get creative with making alternatives. As you may have previously seen, I have made Baked Black Bean and Corn Burgers, but today we will be doing cauliflower burgers!
These “burgers” actually hold together really well and each bite is loaded with flavor! From the outside, cauliflower doesn’t look very tasty or exciting, but it comes to life in this recipe.
- 3/4 c uncooked quinoa
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- Seasonings: cumin, chili powder, cayenne
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 c breadcrumbs
- 3/4 c pepper jack cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut cauliflower into florets and line on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with oil and spices.
- Roast cauliflower for 20-30 minutes.
- While cauliflower is roasting, cook quinoa according to the package instructions.
- You can use water or broth for cooking the quinoa, it’s up to you. Broth will give it more flavor.
- Place cauliflower in a food processor and process until it is chopped up, but not mush.
- The cauliflower should still have some texture to it. If you don’t have a food processor, use a blender.
- Place pureed cauliflower into a medium-sized bowl. Mix n quinoa, garlic, breadcrumbs, pepper jack, eggs and salt. At this point, add more of the seasonings used for roasting the cauliflower if you’d like.
- Form 8-10 patties.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a pan.
- Cook patties on both sides until golden brown, about 5-8 minutes.
That’s all there is to it! These burgers were very tasty. I put cheese and chipotle ranch on mine when I had it. I love trying out different types of meatless burger recipes, and this is definitely one that I will make again!
Test Kitchen: Opinion and Changes
I originally found this recipe of Pinch of Yum. I did not make any changes to this recipe because I thought it tasted absolutely perfect how it was. The original recipe has a magic green sauce that it recommended to have with the burger, but I did not try it out. I do plan on testing it in the future though and will add a review of that when that happens.
What is your favorite burger topping? Let us know below!
2 Comments Add yours
YUMMY! What a creative recipe!
LikeLiked by 1 person