Another easy recipe coming at you!
Pasta is one of those foods that I feel as though everyone likes. Yes, some people might not like certain sauces on their pasta, but overall, is there anyone who doesn’t like pasta?
This is just a simple baked penne recipe for everyone to enjoy! You could add your own flair and mix different vegetables into it if you’d like; just treat this as the baseline.
- 1 box penne or rotini
- 1 24 oz jar of your favorite red pasta sauce (or 24oz of homemade sauce)
- 8 oz cottage cheese
- 8 oz sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups shredded cheese
- I do a mozzarella and cheddar mix
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cook pasta according to instructions of the box. Do not rinse after draining!
- In a medium-large sized bowl, mix together red sauce, cottage cheese, sour cream and garlic.
- Feel free to add any additional spices you’d like to the sauce at this time.
- Once the pasta has been drained, return it to the pot. Pour the sauce over the pasta and mix until everything is coated.
- Place half of the pasta in a 9×9 pan.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of the cheese. Top with the remaining pasta and then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes until the cheese is melted on top.
And that’s all it takes! You will have a delicious dish to serve in under and hour which means you can spend less time cooking, and more time doing homework…. Well, at least that’s the benefit I get!
All jokes aside, this recipe is perfect for a simple weeknight dinner, or you can double it and bring it to a large family gathering. Whichever you choose, it will still be delicious!
What is your favorite pasta dish? Let me know in the comments below!