Do you have an upcoming party you’re attending or hosting and are in need of a delicious appetizer to serve? Look no further because I have just the recipe that you’re looking for!
One of my favorite appetizers to eat are those delicious stuffed bread. Sometimes they have ones with meat, other times vegetables, but either way it’s delicious. Today, I will be sharing a recipe for a broccoli and cheese stuffed bread. This is so quick and simple to make. If you in a time crunch, this is perfect. If you are making it for a large crowd, I would suggest making two, depending on how big you make the slices
- 1 package of crescent rolls
- You can buy whichever ones you like. I typically get the “Big and Buttery” ones!
- 1 small crown of broccoli (about 1 to 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 shredded cheddar, plus more
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large baking sheet, roll out the crescent dough and press the edges together.
- Chop broccoli into florets.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together broccoli florets, cottage cheese and cheddar cheese.
- If you would, you can do mozzarella instead of cheddar, or a mixture of both kinds of cheese. All three ways taste delicious!
- Place the broccoli-cheese mixture in the center of the crescent, leaving some room around all the edges.
- Fold up the excess crescent dough to cover the entire mixture.
- This may take some fancy maneuvering. I typically have to rip some sections off and place them elsewhere to prevent too much overlap, which could lead to the dough not cooking fully.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden.
- If you would like, you can broil it for a few moment at the end to make the crust a little crispier!
That’s all it takes to have a delicious appetizer! Just 4 ingredients and under an hour of your time! In the picture, the slices are oozing, but if you allow them to cool for a few minutes before serving them, they will hold together nicely.
What’s your favorite appetizer? Leave it in the comments below!