I know it’s no longer summer and prime burger cooking season is over, but that doesn’t mean you have to stop eating them! The best part about these burgers is that they have no meat and you don’t need to stand outside in the cold to cook them on the grill.
You may have seen some of my other burger recipes like my Baked Black Bean and Corn Burgers or my Cauliflower Burgers. Similarly to the cauliflower ones, this burger also uses quinoa in it. Unlike both of them though, this burger has sweet potatoes in it! Yeah, that’s right, I said sweet freaking potatoes. Now that that is over with, let’s continue with the post…
- 1 1/2 c quinoa, cooked
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 can black beans
- Burger toppings: Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado, Condiments
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut both sweet potatoes in half, lengthwise, and place them face down on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa.
- In a large bowl, mash black beans and cooked sweet potatoes until only slightly chunky. Add in quinoa and spices.
- Shape into 6-8 patties. Place on a lightly oiled pan.
- Bake patties for 20 minutes and then flip and continue baking for 10 more minutes.
Test Kitchen: Opinions and Changes
I originally found this on a blog called Isabel Eats. In terms of the burger itself, I made no real changes to it and actually really enjoyed it as is. She offers a recipe for a Chili Lime Mayo, which you can see on the top of one of the buns, and it was not very desirable. I will admit though, I don’t like mayo on its own so that could have influenced my disliking. Overall though, a very delicious burger with tons of flavor.
If you’re in a burger mood, then test these out! They are sure to fancy your taste buds.
One Comment Add yours
Delicious! By the way, I’m hosting a blog party! Its a great way to make your blog more public and meet many others. Check it out if you have time!