Let’s face it, we all love sugar cookies because what’s there not to love about them? But sugar cookies are boring; they need more pizazz! To spunk up these sugar cookies, besides baking them extra soft, they also have a healthy serving of sprinkles packed in there, making them look delicious and fun.
This recipe was found on Sally’s Baking Addiction!
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 1 lg egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 c SPRINKLES!!! (possibly more)
Note: This dough requires 2 hours minimum of chilling!
Allow the butter to soften before starting and let the egg get to room temperature.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cream of tartar. Set aside.
- Place butter in a large bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer, and cream until soft.
- Add in sugar and continue mixing until fully combined and fluffy.
- Mix in egg and vanilla. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, if necessary.
- Slowly combine dry ingredients with wet, adding the dry in 3-4 sections.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in 1/2 c of sprinkles.
- Roll dough into roughly 2 tbsp sized balls. If you’d like, gently roll the tops of the balls in extra sprinkles. Place the dough balls on a cookie sheet that can fit in your refrigerator.
- Once all the dough has been rolled, allow the dough to chill, on cookie sheets, in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Adjust the cookie dough on the baking sheet so the cookies are roughly 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes, rotating the pan and shelf halfway through. The cookies should look soft in the centers.
- Allow the cookies to cool on a baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Now these are some fun looking sugar cookies! You can use whatever color, shape or size sprinkles you’d like in these cookies. I decided to go with the pink and red sprinkles to match the Valentine’s Day mood! (Yes, I make recipes and unintentionally hide them from you all because I don’t have time to write the post about them. I’m sorry!)
I hope you enjoy these deliciously soft sugar cookies! What are the craziest shaped sprinkles you’ve ever seen? Let me know in the comments below!
One Comment Add yours
LikeLiked by 1 person