I know not everyone out there likes tofu, but I do and I make some pretty killer tofu occasionally. Therefore, I will continue to share these delicious tofu recipes in an attempt to convert some of you tofu haters into tofu lovers! I’m not saying that one recipe will change your mind, but a girl can try.
P.S. Feel free to just make the sauce and use it on some type of meat. The sauce is what brings the meal to life!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- *1 block of extra-firm tofu
- 1 c + 2 tbsp of water
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 1/4 granulated sugar
- 1-3 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Rice or quinoa
- Vegetable (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, snow peas, etc.)
*Note: The tofu will need to be pressed and cubed prior to using it in the recipe. I have explained my method of pressing tofu in my recipe for Teriyaki Tofu. The purpose of pressing is to ensure that all the liquid is taken out so the tofu can then soak up the flavors of the sauce. Any method of pressing can be used, just make sure that the tofu is cut into roughly 1/2 inch cubes after!
- Lightly oil a large skillet and place over medium heat. Arrange the tofu in the pan.
- If all the tofu can’t fit, do it in sections at a time.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with 2 tbsp of water. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, mix 1 c of water, sugar, sriracha, honey and garlic. Bring to a boil.
- Vary the amount of sriracha you add based on your spice preference
- Once boiling, pour in cornstarch mixture and continue to whisk over heat until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Return the cooked tofu along with the cooked vegetables to the large skillet over medium heat. Pour the sauce over the tofu and vegetables and toss to make sure everything gets coated. Keep over heat for at least 5 minutes to ensure everything is warmed throughout.
- Serve over rice or quinoa.
The sauce really ties everything together nicely and I love how the tofu just sucks up all that flavor. Like I said, try this with some chicken if you’d like, if you’re still not feeling the tofu life.
Sweet or spicy? Leave it in the comments below!
One Comment Add yours
Yummy, looks so flavourful! 🙂