It’s a burrito bowl! Basically, we are getting rid of the wrap and just putting all of the insides of a burrito into a bowl. Pretty simple right? No one said cooking had to be hard. This recipe truly is customizable though. As long as you have the base, you can put whatever toppings in that you would like.
- *1-2 packages of brown rice
- Shredded lettuce or spinach
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of corn
Toppings (You can do other things that aren’t on the list below)
- Avocado or guacamole
- Sauce (I used Chipotle Ranch)
*Note: I buy the family sized brown rice which is larger than the usual one. If you are using a regular sized package, I recommend using two.
- Cook the rice based on the package instructions.
- Drain and rinse the black beans and corn.
- Shred the lettuce, if applicable.
- Prep whatever toppings you plan on adding.
- In a bowl, place roughly 1 c of cooked rice and then top with the desired amount of lettuce.
- Add 1/4 c of bean and 1/4 c of corn on top.
- Put the remaining toppings on and then finish with cheese and sauce, if applicable.
The only cooking you have to do is the rice which is basically foolproof. If you want to really ruin the point of this all, you could just shove all of this into a wrap and make a regular burrito instead! Like I said, it kinda ruins the point of the recipe but that’s okay. You do you!