It’s no secret that potatoes are one of the most glorious foods to ever come into existence. There are so many things that you can do with potatoes! Fried, mashed, baked, twice baked, stuffed, the possibilities are literally endless. Being a vegetarian though, I don’t eat potatoes as much as I used to. When you eat meat, it is easy to add potatoes as a side with your meal, but as a vegetarian, you need to get more creative with your meals. This recipe really gives the spotlight back to our potato friends.
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 c heavy cream
- 5 cloves of garlic
- Seasonings: cumin, coriander, paprika, cayenne, turmeric, salt, pepper
- Rice of your choosing.
- Cut the potatoes into 1-inch chunks and mince the garlic.
- In a large pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes and saute until slightly crispy on the edges, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until brown, 1 minute.
- Mix in the remaining sauce ingredients.
- When seasoning, taste in between to determine which spices you want more of.
- Serve with rice of your choosing.
Look at those little potatoes shine!