Tuna is one of those foods that you either like it or you don’t. If you do like it, then you have to get creative about it otherwise it won’t be too fun to eat.
I love this recipe because it’s simple enough that I can make it quickly after a long day at school. It’s also a great alternative to the typical tuna melt or tuna salad sandwich!
- 2 cans tuna
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1 slice of bread
- 1/4 c chopped pickles (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- Olive oil
- 4 Buns
- Drain both cans of tuna and put them into a medium-sized bowl.
- Peel and discard the crush from the slice of bread. Rip the bread into tiny pieces and add it to the bowl.
- Mix in mayo, pickles, parsley, salt, pepper and sriracha. The tuna shouldn’t be extremely wet.
- Add sriracha based on your preference. It doesn’t add significant heat to the patties. I usually do a drizzle.
- Taste the tuna. If you think it needs more seasoning, add it now.
- Add an egg to the tuna and mix well.
- Divide the tuna and shape 4 patties.
- At this point, you can either go forward with the following steps or put the patties in the fridge for 30 minutes. This will make them easier to handle when cooking.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add the patties to the pan and cook until brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- If you are adding cheese, do it after 3 minutes. Put the cheese on, turn the burner off and just put a lid on to allow it to melt.
- Assemble burgers and enjoy!
This is a fun alternative to typical tuna meals and all tuna fans will love this!