As promised, I have another tuna recipe that you can substitute for a typical tuna sandwich. Now this is one is not as “creative” in the sense that it’s still just tuna and bread, but the way that you prep it is what makes it so delicious!
Rather than the typical tuna+mayo+bread=sandwich, the tuna is going to be bound together using mashed avocado and dressing. All the fixings are also going to be chopped and stirred into the tuna as well so you get a nice dispersion throughout.
- 2 cans tuna
- 1/2 avocado
- Spinach or Lettuce
- 2 tbsp (or more) roasted garlic dressing
- 2 tortillas
- 4 tbsp hummus (whichever type you like)
- Drain both cans of tuna and put it in a medium-large bowl.
- Add the avocado to the tuna and mash it all together.
- Dice all vegetables.
- Chop the spinach or lettuce so the pieces aren’t so large.
- Add the vegetables to the tuna bowl.
- Drizzle roughly 2 tbsp of dressing over the tuna mixture and stir it until combined. If it is still dry, add more dressing until the preferred consistency is obtained.
- Place 2 tbsp of hummus on a tortilla and spread it evenly around the wrap.
- Place the tuna in the wrap, off to one side.
- Top with cheese and roll the wrap shut.
- Repeat steps 6-8 for the second tortilla.
Mixing all these flavors together creates an amazing wrap! Personally, I like to use roasted red pepper or supremely spicy hummus. I think both of them give a night flavor boost to the wrap.
Of course, if there are any additional veggies you can add them or you can omit ones that I use!