I got a new crockpot for Christmas and I’ve been trying to use it as often as possible. The problem is that I don’t always find good crockpot recipes, so when I do, it’s very exciting!
This recipe was suggested to me by a family member who had made it and loved it. When I saw the picture of it on the original source, I was a little skeptical. It didn’t look very appealing, but I decided to test it out anyways and I’m happy I did! The chicken stays nice a tender and the mushrooms add a delicious taste to the dish.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 16oz sliced baby bellas
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 c vegetable broth
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken
- 2 15oz cans golden mushroom soup
- 16oz chive and onion cream cheese
- 2 0.7oz packages of dry italian dressing mix
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb fettucini
- Prep the vegetables and chicken: slice the mushrooms, mince the garlic, cube the chicken
- In a large pan over medium heat, add oil and butter
- Add garlic and mushroom and cook until the liquid has evaporated and the mushrooms have browned
- Add the vegetable broth to the pan and cook until slightly reduced
- Spray the bottom of your crock pot with non-stick spray
- Add mushroom mixture, chicken, mushroom soup, cream cheese, italian dressing packets, salt and pepper
- Stir slightly so everything is combined
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours
- When it’s almost done, cook the pasta according to the box directions
- Serve the chicken mixture over pasta and top with parmesean cheese
This dish is super creamy and has a great consistency to it. There’s a good distribution of mushrooms and chicken throughout the dish and even if you don’t get any in your bite, it’s still delicious.
Test Kitchen: Opinion and Changes
This recipe was originally found on Food Network. I made very minimal changes to this dish. I decreased the amount of mushrooms and chose to use baby bellas rather than assorted mushrooms.