Obviously BBQ chicken itself is good, but when you’re in the mood for a little more, why not make it into a wrap? Wraps are always more fun because you can throw a bunch of different things in there based on what you’re in the mood for!
Another great thing about this recipe is that you can make these ahead of time and bring them for lunch!
- 2 c quinoa or rice
- 2 c shredded chicken, store bought or homemade
- 1 can (15oz) black beans
- 1 c corn
- 2 c shredded pepper jack cheese, plus more
- 2 c, or more, of your choice of BBQ sauce
- 4 tortillas
- Optional fillings
- Red onion
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cook quinoa or rice according to the package instructions
- Cook shredded chicken, if applicable
- I cooked my chicken in boiling water for abour 20-30 minutes until it was cooked completely before shredding
- Drain and rinse the black beans and corn (if canned)
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, chicken, black beans, corn, 2 c pepper jack, and 2 c of BBQ sauce
- If it looks too dry, add in more BBQ sauce
- Add in any additional fillings if you’d like
- Separate the chicken mixture between the 4 tortillas. Top with additional cheese if necessary
- Roll up the wraps and bake for 10-15 minutes until warm
- I would not skip this step if you plan on taking these for lunch. If you don’t bake them and just wrap these in tin foil and put them in the fridge, then the wraps will get soggy
I mean come on, a delicious dinner (or lunch) that could essentially take only 30 minutes? If you buy a rotisseri chicken and just shread that, then the only cooking you need to do is the quinoa!