I love chicken salad sandwiches but I wanted to try a veggie version of it. This is a delicious veggie packed mixture that makes a delicious sandwich. It is entirely customizable as to what you decide to mix in an top it with.
- 5 rolls (I used onion rolls)
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/4 jalapeno (optional)
- 3 tsp mayo
- 2 tsp mutard
- Salt and pepper
- Mayo, mustard or hummus (optional)
You can mix into additional vegetables if you want to and you can use different toppings and spreads based on your preference.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas
- Prepare vegetables that you’re going to be mixing in. Make sure they are all finely chopped. Use a food processor if you have one
- Put the chickpeas in a medium bowl and mash using a potato masher or fork
- Stir chopped vegetables, mayo, mustard, salt and pepper in with the chickpeas
- If the mixture is too dry, add more mayo or mustard
- Assemble the sandwiches
That’s literally all it takes! It’s quick and painless. The best part is you can put the mixture into little containers and bring it as lunches for the week!