I’ve definitely said this before, but pizza is basically it’s own food group. There are so many different options for toppings and how to make it. Sometimes the basics are the best though.
I’m not going to argue about if red or white pizza is better, but I will say that when it comes to white pizza, bianca is one of my favorites!
I had tried different types of bianca pizza at home before and there always seemed to be something missing. Some would have no base, just the ricotta and mozz on bare dough, while others would have the ricotta as a base spread all over the pizza. I liked having an oil base, but I didn’t want so much oil that a puddle formed in the center. I ended up using the oil base from my Garlic Pizza and then making a ricotta/mozz/parm mixture for the topping!
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 1/2 c ricotta
- 2 c mozzarella
- 1/4 c parmesan
- Red pepper flakes
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Make pizza dough before hand, or use store bought dough.
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Prepare a baking sheet by lightly oiling it.
- In a small sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Once simmering, add in minced garlic, pepper, oregano, and cayenne. Stir and allow the garlic to cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds, then remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combin ricotta, 1/2 c mozzarella, parmesan, red pepper flakes, italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- I don’t normally measure these seasoning. I just add them and mix. If it looks like it needs more then I add more.
- Stretch pizza dough to desired size.
- Add a thin layer of the garlic oil mixture to the dough, spreading it evenly around. Sprinkle some basil on top of the sauce.
- I like to use a rubber brush and put some of the oil on the crust as well!
- Again, I eye the amount of basil added.
- Place dollops of the ricotta mixture all over the pizza.
- Spread the remaining mozzarella to cover the entire pizza.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until cheese is golden and bubbling
I mean come on! You’re telling me you don’t want a slice of that? I know I do.
What’s your favorite type of pizza? Let me know in the comments below!
One Comment Add yours