Are you ever not in the mood to cook but you know you have to cook so you try to think of something that will take minimal time, but still tastes good? Well, you’re not alone! Some days I have absolutely no desire to cook at all, but if I don’t then that means no dinner and when I don’t get dinner I get hangry. Therefore I suck it up and cook myself some food anyways.
This recipe is perfect for those days! All it takes is a box of noodles, some veggies and a little sauce and you’re done. Best part, you can cheat and get pre-cut veggies if you’re feeling super lazy!
- 1 box of spaghetti, linguini, etc.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 small broccoli crown
- Snow peas
- 4 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp sriracha
Like I said earlier, you could also buy one of those pre-cut veggie kits from the grocery store. Try to find one that has the veggies listed above or roughly the same.
- In a small-medium sized bowl, mix together all of the sauce ingredients. Add more soy sauce or sriracha to taste. Set aside.
- Cut peppers into slices, broccoli into florets and snow peas in half.
- Cook pasta as directed on the box. Drain, but do not rinse.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add in garlic and cook till fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Mix in all vegetables and cook until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Once everything is done, mix pasta and vegetables together and toss with the sauce. Make more sauce if necessary or desired.
Test Kitchen: Opinion and Changes
I originally stumbled upon this recipe on Damn Delicious. I have tweaked the recipe somewhat significantly. The original recipe was only for 1/2 a box of pasta so I doubled that, doubled the amount of sauce and changed which vegetables I put into it. Basically, the only thing that’s the same is the sauce.
I told you this was an easy one. There’s not much too it besides cooking pasta and heating up vegetables. Also, as I’ve mentioned multiple times above, use the pre-cut vegetables from the store to make it even quicker. I’m not going to lie, I do that more often than not. When you have a hectic life, you’d rather not waste time cooking when you don’t have to.
What is your go-to quick, weeknight dinner? Share it in the comments below!